A decade ago, online e-commerce shopping was a novel idea skeptically viewed by many. Today, it has transformed into a multibillion-dollar industry. The industry is at the forefront of globalization, facilitating commerce worth billions of dollars annually. Thousands of people work in the online shopping industry, while dozens of online entrepreneurs have made financial and social breakthroughs. At the core of the industry’s rapid growth is a growing population of tech-savvy individuals, including millennials.
Additionally, the online shopping industry has continuously adopted new innovations. These technologies have revolutionized retailing. Online shoppers today enjoy greater convenience and more personalized shopping. One such e-marketer dedicated to giving its customers a premium shopping experience is Yeebia. By reading our article, you will begin a journey towards the ultimate shopping experience, including trends in online shopping.
The following are some of the trends transforming the online shopping marketing world today:
- Artificial intelligence (AI): One of the longstanding downsides to online shopping is the lack of personalized customer experience. The disparate location between customers and buyers means that there is less interaction during e-commerce transactions. Therefore, the products and services offered don’t match the tastes and preferences of the customers. In AI, online retailers have an in-store customer relations associate who can collect data on customer tastes and preferences and customize their shopping experience. With AI, customers will enjoy more personalized and thoughtful communication for an impactful and smart shopping experience.
- Voice assistants: Currently being used by several leading online stores, voice assistants offer voice-enabled solutions to customers. The primary objective of using voice assistants is to ensure that customers have the ultimate shopping experience. The industry is aggregating towards personalization, and with voice assistants, customers have online assistants, they can become interactive with during shopping.
- Mobile apps: Mobile phone apps allow users to purchase goods online while on the go. With a growing population of millennials and tech-savvy Generation Z, mobile phones have become the world’s leading interactive device. By tapping into this vast potential, online retailers are seeking to stretch the limits of convenience. Online shops are increasingly optimizing their stores to fit into the palm of the customers’ hands.
- Chatbots: Chatbots are increasingly being used by online retailers to give their customers an online brick-and-motor experience. These bots can perform a wide variety of functions, including answering questions from customers. With personalization, chatbots can replicate the conversational demeanor of traditional salespersons and give customers more satisfying shopping experience.
- Augmented reality: Augmented reality (AR) helps customers to visualize and feel the product from the comfort of their homes. With an app, customers can virtually try the products and have a feel of it before making the purchase. A relatively nascent technology, AR will ultimately take the online shopping experience to the next level.
The technological revolution has been at the forefront of the massive gains made by the online shopping industry. As we continue to explore the huge potential associated with technologies, customers will enjoy more customized online shopping experiences. The sector will continue on its upward growth trajectory.